Monday, November 30, 2015

30 Nov

FELIZ DIA DE ACCION DE GRACIAS. Hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving, it sounds like you did. I was thinking about how grateful I am for my fam and how grateful I am to be in PERU. Lots to be grateful for.

This Thanksgiving there was a moto taxista strike in an area called Tambo Grande, so the hermanas had to come stay with us for a few days. Both of them are from Bolivia, so they made us some sweet Bolivian food that night. So yes, I feasted on thanksgiving. :) And for lunch we had my favorite thing here, Causa Rellena. The BEST.

This week was a little crazy, we did a lot of divisions with members, and with other missionaries. My comp is feeling a lot better, so Im excited for a new week. We have two people that we are preparing for baptism 12 de Diciembre, Viviana and Manuel.

I dont think ive expanded much on Manuel, but he is amazing! He lives with his two brothers who are BIEN borracho all the time. When he found us, he was determined to change his life. Because of his drinking, he just about lost his wife and his kids.  He told us a few days ago that he prayed so hard to God to be able to maintain his family, and change his life. And he told us that he heard a clear voice telling him that all was going to be okay, but he needed to keep moving forward. And then he found us, that day we were sitting down in front of his house. When we met him he was at rock bottom. Didnt have a job either. Now he has a job, and he told us that he hasnt been drinking since the first sunday that he went to church. And he is supposed to work sundays, but his boss lets him take the first few hours off to go to church. He reads the Book of Mormon everyday, and even more than we assign to him. It is so cool to see how the Lord prepares people, and how much the gospel can really bless their lives. I am super excited for his baptism, and grateful to see God's hand in everything we do.

Today makes 5 MONTHS a missionary! Cant believe it. It is too fast for me. And tomorrow is DECEMBER. YAY my first Christmas in the HEAT. People are starting to decorate here and im lovin it. In the center of my area there is a massive Christmas tree with a giant Peruvian nativity. It's bien bacan. Yesterday the church launched a new video for Christmas HA NACIDO UN SALVADOR. (A Savior Has Been Born), and it is awesome. Helps us to remember the true meaning of Christmas. I am so happy that I can be here teaching of Jesus Christ during this time of year. 

Love you all, hope life is good in the cold. Meanwhile I am getting tanner everyday and sweating more than I thought possible.:) xoxo

Hermana Richan

No comments:

Post a Comment