Monday, December 7, 2015

7 Diciembre

Hope all is well over in Utaaaah, things in Peru couldn´t be better!

This week Elder Godoy of the seventy came to speak to us. It was the COOLEST meeting, something I wont forget. He told us that of our mission area with 32 missions (i think), we are the lowest baptizing mission. But the interesting part was that he found that we are actually an obedient mission, but the problem is we are focusing on saving ourselves rather than the people here. So he told us we need to focus on saving the people. He gave us a lot of tips on how we can be better with this. I´m excited to apply what I learned from him and hope to see new changes aqui en PIURAA.

On Sunday, Manuel didnt come to church. We had been fasting for him and Viviana that all would work out for their baptisms, but Manual needed to attend in order to be baptized. But we are happy for how it worked out because we were feeling like he might need more time to gain  a testimony, and this was God's way of letting us know that yes he needs more time. He has a lot of faith, and is reading and praying.  I know he will be baptized down the road, but for now he is progressing and i know he is one of those people that God has prepared!

Viviana is better than ever! I couldn´t love her more and im SO excited for her baptism this Saturday. It is so cool to see the difference in her from when we first met, to now. She is glowing and SO happy! I feel like its been a long crazy journey with her, and FINALLY she can be baptized. I know it is going to be an awesome day.

Meanwhile, Piura has been Christmas preppin! Our street is full of Christmas lights and it makes me SO happy hahaha. I wasn't sure if people would do that here, but they do. Fun Christmas facts for the week: Here in Piura, EVERYONE eats TONS of panetón. Fruit cake. I love the food here, so im expecting to like it hahaha. And for new years, a tradition here is that you make a life sized Muñeco (doll), and you burn it. Usually of someone that hurt you this year, or to represent something bad from the year. My neighbor said she is going to make one of me. ;) hope she's kidding.

Love you all, hope youre enjoying the holidays! EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU ALL in a few weeks :))) xoxox

Hermana Richan

No comments:

Post a Comment