Monday, December 14, 2015

La Navidad Blanca

Familiaaaa! What a weeeeeek. 

Tuesday we had the Fiesta de Navidad in the mission home. It was so awesome, I feel way blessed to be in this mission with Pres y Hna Rasmussen. They definitely take care of us. We played games, had an awesome devotional, and watched Its a Wonderful Life. I had never seen it, and dad I know it's your favorite movie, so it was cool to finally watch it. It is always fun to be with a bunch of missionaries. 

And Saturdayyy.. LA NAVIDAD BLANCA. I cant begin to say how cool it is to see so many people at once be baptized. It was awesome to see the work of the missionaries in our stake, and feel the testimonies of these new members. Something I will never forget. Especially because Viviana was baptized. :) It amazes me to look back at where she was when we found her, and see how strong and happy she is now. It is amazing the love that I feel for these people. Awesome day, and awesome way to spend the Christmas season. 

That night, we received transfers. And now im here in TALARA! I was so sad to leave the people in Miguel Grau. I feel like that ward is my family and I LOVE THEM soo much. I feel way blessed to have started in that area, and for being able to meet these people. A member had a little farewell for me last night, and WOW it is hard saying bye to people knowing that it is possible you wont see them again. I think saying bye to Viviana was the hardest, but I know she is going to be an amazing member of the church. And Im so glad to have made a friend like Hna Arce, she is the best! Crazy to think that one of my best friends is from Paraguay. :)

 But i am SO excited to start here in Talara! It is about 2 hours from Piura and from the mission home. We are close to the beach, and the town is so cute. I know I am going to love it here. My new comp is Hermana Alvarado. She is from Ecuador, and I love her! She was in my zone my first 2 transfers, and i had an intercambio with her. It was my favorite intercambio. :) In this area we have 2 branches that we are in. Double the church wooo. :) It is going to be a big change. Im going from one of the strongest wards in Piura to having 2 pretty weak branches. It will be cool to help out in the ward. I know i am going to be learning a lot in this area! I came to this area last Monday because it is Hna Arce's old area, and already met a bunch of the members and the pensionista. Everyone is awesome, Im excited to be here. 

I love my fam! I find more reasons to be grateful for you all everyday and I am so excited to see you CHRISTMAS! Have the best week, and see you all soon. :))))

Hermana Richan

PS im going to start putting crazy Peru experiences of the week. So this week is that I let a member dye my hair orange....Or "Peruvian blonde" Jajaja just so you are prepped when you see me at Christmas mama. Love you 
 Painting
 Turning Hair Peruvian "Blonde"
 Christmas Party
 Hermana Arce
 President Rasmussen - Christmas Party
 Hermana Aida
 Viviana's Baptism
 La Navidad Blanca
 Viviana's Baptism
My favorite family and neighbors in Miguel Grau

No comments:

Post a Comment