Monday, December 12, 2016

12 December

It has been the greatest experience serving the people of Peru. I truly love them and love this culture. I can reflect back on my mission and see that the times I was truly the happiest is when I was helping others to feel of God's love for them and come unto Christ. I know that I have made eternal friends, and Ive learned things from them that have changed my life. I have seen that helping others to come unto Christ has helped me personally to appreciate the Savior in my life and recognize the need I have for Him each day. 

It says in a very well known scripture, "And if men will come unto me I will show unto them their weakness." Looking back at the beginning of my mission, I did not understand that phrase. I wondered "Why is this so hard if I am choosing to serve God?" I felt weak and so uncapable of so many things. There is a scripture that I have come to love on my mission in Jacob 4:7. "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." I know that because of the many weaknesses I have, I have been able to get to know my Savior and feel of His grace in my life as a missionary. I know that He is perfectly capable of making up for our shortcomings. I know that if we exercise faith in Him, he helps us to make our weaknesses strong. I know that Christ performed the Atonement because He loves us and wants us to be happy, and we are so lucky to have divine help that we can receive of each day if we seek it.

I look forward to new experiences ahead as I come home and have the chance to reflect on the things I've learned on my mission. Everyone always says that they dont go a day without thinking about their mission, and now I understand why. The lessons learned are lessons that will help me throughout the rest of my life.

YAYYY sounds like Ill be seeing everyone REAL SOON! :) Love you fam!

Hna Richan

Mission Christmas Party


No comments:

Post a Comment